Making the decision to go to a drug or alcohol rehab in Arizona is a life-changing experience. But more goes into this decision than you may realize. While it’s a positive thing to know that you have control over the treatment center you choose, finding one can feel overwhelming.
Below are some tips to help you navigate your options for drug and alcohol treatment. If you have additional questions, or simply need to talk to someone, contact Wolf Creek Recovery today. Our rehab facility is owned and operated by people in recovery, so we know firsthand what this process may look and feel like to you!
1. Get an Assessment
Before an Arizona treatment center accepts you, they’ll run an assessment. This helps them understand what physical and mental state you are in, the severity of your addiction and the level of care you need. For instance, not everyone needs residential treatment.
You can also request a screening and assessment from a doctor or substance use disorder professional. This can help you explore all options, as you’ll have a better understanding of how severe your problem is.
2. Research Arizona Rehab Centers
Once you know what level of care you need, you can start researching your options for treatment. Focus on the facilities that have the resources you need. Here are some factors to consider:
- Inpatient vs outpatient. Inpatient rehab is where you stay at the facility. It’s best for people who have severe substance use problems or co-occurring mental health disorders. Outpatient is where you receive treatment during the day, but go home at night.
- Specialties. Every treatment center in AZ has a different set of problems they specialize in. For example, some rehabs specialize in treating dual diagnosis, while others focus on trauma or eating disorders.
- Treatments and therapies. It’s best to choose a facility that has a wide range of therapies so that you can find the models that work for you. A combination of evidence-based and holistic therapies is ideal.
- Amenities. Don’t get caught up in luxury treatment centers. You don’t need the finest things to get good quality care. Still, you’ll want to choose a facility that provides the standard of living you’re used to.
- Location. Do you plan to seek out care that’s close to you? Or do you want to travel far so that you can get away from your triggers? There are benefits and drawbacks to both, so you’ll have to weigh your options.
- Length of program. Most rehabs in Prescott Arizona offer programs that last for 30, 60 or 90 days. It’s recommended to stay in treatment for as long as possible, as this gives you adequate time to work through your issues.
- Cost. Obviously, cost is a big factor. Start with treatment centers that work with your insurance, as this will reduce your out-of-pocket costs. Keep in mind that each treatment center has unique pricing.
3. Compare Your Options
Finally, you’ll need to narrow down your options and compare rehabs. Weigh all factors so that you pick a treatment facility that meets your needs and goals. Discuss your options with trusted friends and family, as they might be able to offer you a different perspective.
Also, don’t hesitate to call and ask questions. Trusted treatment centers have nothing to hide, and they’ll be happy to share as much information with you as possible. Wolf Creek Recovery offers various levels of care in a compassionate, supportive environment. Contact our admissions team to discuss your needs for the best Arizona drug rehab.
Finding purpose in pain is what Jonathon does best. He is a strong advocate for those suffering from substance use disorders. As a person in recovery, Jonathon knows how important it is to receive empathy and compassion. He recognizes that each person comes from a different set of circumstances and deserves to be valued and respected.
With a fresh perspective and compassionate attitude, Jonathon works closely with clients to help them let go of the past and know when to take necessary risks. The recovery process is ongoing, which means people need to move forward while applying the skills learned in treatment. Jonathon is a great motivator when it comes time for this!
Jonathon also places emphasis on the family unit and how it can make or break the recovery experience. Individuals with active, supportive families have far better outcomes. Jonathon realizes that it’s impossible to move mountains overnight, but with the right support team and positive attitude, anything is possible.